A seasonal mosquito control technician fish works under assigned manager and director, to run and manage the fish program, and other mosquito control assignments. Will be working with the public daily. Is expected to learn about and apply integrated mosquito management (IMM) in their work. Will gain a working knowledge of the mosquito life cycle and the larval habitats used throughout the county, including the proper application techniques for larval surveillance and treatment. This is seasonal employment for the summer mosquito control season.
- Visits ornamental pond locations throughout the county.
- Treat ponds with pesticide as needed for additional control.
- Records all visits and fish placements and maintains accurate records of inspections and treatments.
- While performing fish placement looks for other mosquito habitats in the yard.
- Maintains fish facilities and fish health.
- May be asked to assist in set-up and collection of mosquito surveillance traps as needed.
- Attending training sessions, reading district manuals, and otherwise keeps informed of policies and procedures; keeps assistant manager informed of progress and problems.
- Assist with field inspections and treatments as needed.
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school.
- Must possess a valid Utah Driver’s License with an excellent driving record.
- Must be able to obtain a non-commercial pesticide applicators license.
- Must be physically able and willing to do physical labor. Must be able to lift fifty pounds.
- Must have the ability to safely operate district equipment .
- Must be able to work dependably, cooperatively with others and to exercise independent judgement.
May to September, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. May need to work some evenings and Saturdays to finish fish ponds in a timely manner.
Will be working outdoors in potentially wet and marshy areas while treating ornamental ponds. Will experience temperature extremes, sun exposure and many different weather conditions.
Apply for Job:
Complete the job application found below and email it to email@example.com.MAD-D Job Application