A seasonal mosquito control technician non-ATV works under close supervision of the field manager and director, to conduct routine mosquito control assignments in urban and suburban areas and may be asked to work on other assignments as needed. Is expected to learn about and apply integrated mosquito management (IMM) in their work. Will gain a working knowledge of the mosquito life cycle and the larval habitats used throughout the county, including the proper application techniques for larval surveillance and treatment. This is seasonal employment for the summer mosquito control season.
- Inspects designated mosquito breeding locations such as: pastures, wetlands, golf courses, roadside ditches, swales, drainage overflows, catch basins, gutters, ornamental pools, etc. Maintains an awareness of irrigation patterns and water levels in their assigned area.
- Treats mosquito locations as necessary.
- Records all treatments and maintains accurate records of inspections and treatments.
- Standard “housekeeping” tasks on equipment and facility, and simple equipment maintenance.
- Assist in calibration of various pieces of spray equipment as needed.
- Assist in set-up and collection of mosquito surveillance traps, as needed, and directed.
- Attending training sessions, reading district manuals, and otherwise keeps informed of policies and procedures; keeps assistant manager informed of progress and problems.
- Operates ULV adulticide equipment at dusk if needed and as directed.
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school.
- Must be able to obtain a non-commercial pesticide applicators license.
- Must possess a valid Utah Driver’s License with an excellent driving record.
- Must be physically able and willing to do physical labor. Must be able to lift fifty pounds.
- Must have the ability to safely operate district equipment .
- Must be able to work dependably, cooperatively with others and to exercise independent judgement.
April to September, 40 hours per week, Monday to Thursday, 6 am to 4 pm. Some evening and Friday work may be required.
Will be working outdoors in all weather conditions, will experience extreme temperatures and sun exposure. Will spend a large amount of time walking through different habitats and should be prepared for sudden changes in the landscape. There is a high chance of exposure to mosquitoes and allergens.
Apply for Job:
Complete the job application found below and email it to email@example.com.MAD-D Job Application