The seasonal/part time mosquito control technician works 2 or 3 evening shifts a week of adult mosquito control. They ae responsible for helping with the ULV program of the district. Will be required to drive throughout the county in wetland and urban environments. Will gain a working knowledge of the adult mosquito control products being used by the district, and proper application techniques of adult mosquito treatments. The seasonal/part time mosquito control technician is a seasonal employee hired for the summer mosquito control season.
- Operates ULV adult mosquito control equipment from dusk until 12:00-1:00am. Works with “On Call” supervisor to treat assigned spray blocks.
- Records all treatments and maintains accurate records of wind, temperature, and treatments of special request.
- Assist in set up and the collection of mosquito surveillance traps.
- Simple truck cleaning tasks, and simple equipment maintenance.
- Assist in calibration of various pieces of spray equipment as needed.
- Completes training sessions, reads district manuals, and otherwise keeps informed of policies and procedures; keeps assistant manager informed of progress and problems.
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school.
- Must be able to obtain a non-commercial pesticide applicators license.
- Must possess a valid Utah Driver’s License with an excellent driving record.
- Must be physically able and willing to do physical labor. Must be able to lift fifty pounds.
- Must have the ability to safely operate district equipment .
- Must be able to work dependably, cooperatively with others and to exercise independent judgement.
- Must be able to drive safely at night and in low light conditions.
May to early October, start time varies by season.
Will be working around pesticide and trucks with specialized equipment. Will spend much of the shift within the cab of a truck but will be expected to exit vehicle to open gates and be aware of other obstacles. There is a high risk of exposure to mosquitoes during the shift.